Based on Surgical Instruments can be divided into: medical scissors, hemostat, holding the needle forceps, sponge forceps, medical forceps and scalpels etc.
Medical scissors can be divided into the following categories:
(A)- By the use of Product:
- Surgical Scissors: For shear dressing, use of human epidermal tissue or soft tissue.
- Organizations Cut: for the use of shear organization.
- Integrated shear: for soft tissue shear.
- Fine cut: for shear blood vessels, mucous membranes or free tissue.
- Anatomical cut: for anatomy Organization.
- Suture removal scissors: for cut, demolition sutures.
- Angular bandage scissors: for surgery shear gauze bandages and plaster liner.
- Meningeal / nerve cut: for brain surgery, curettage of bone disease and necrotic tissue.
- Micro scissors: for microsurgery, fine trim vascular, nerve tissue or separation of the tissue space with.
- Ophthalmic scissors: Eye scissors, also known as ophthalmic surgical scissors, ophthalmic surgical scissors, shearing eye soft tissue with instruments. The ophthalmology cut small ice Ministry of the head end of the tip is 0.4 mm wide, sharp and not sharp, the head end of the round and 1.6 mm wide, straight for the shear surface tissue is usually the case, the elbow is used to cut deeper the soft tissue of the organization or for the separation. tip for fine cut, modified and gill opening with.
- Corneal scissors: for the use of microscopic eye surgery shear cornea and bulbar conjunctiva.
- Membranous cataract shear: shear trabecular for ophthalmic surgery, iris, capsule film tissues.
- Trabecular shear: the shear trabecular for ophthalmic surgery, iris, capsule film tissues.
- Microscopic iris scissors: for eye surgery shear trabecular iris, capsule film tissues.
- Stapes arch cut: for ear microsurgery to cut the stapes arch neck.
- The hammer bone shears: shearing cartilage for ear canal.
- Ear polyps cut: for shearing the ear polyps.
- Cut the middle ear: for shear power inside the ear canal granulation, with papillomas.
- Microscopic ear cut: for ear microsurgery shearing lesions in the mucosa, granulation with.
- Turbinate mediated shear: for shear nasal tissues.
- Nasal scissors: for the shear of the nasal mucosa and organizations residues off correcting.
- Cut Golden Delicious: for to shear dental alloy piece.
- Gums cut: for cut gums and soft tissue.
- Craftsmen plaster scissors: for dental laboratory pruning jaw care model.
- The heart shear: shear cardiovascular tissues for cardiac surgery.
- Sternum cut: for thoracic surgery when he cut the sternum.
- Rib cut: for cut ribs.
- Right angle shear: shear for biliary tract surgery, bile duct, gallbladder tissues.
- The prostate shear: for shear prostate tissues.
- The intestinal cut: cut intestinal for autopsy.
- Vascular shear: for a kidney transplant, the sidewall of shear iliac vein for blood vessels docking on the use of
- Cut the umbilical cord: clamp the uterine incision for caesarean section.
- Perineal cut: the for obstetric Cut the baby’s umbilical cord.
- The small blood vessels cut: Cut the small blood vessels and other tissues for microscopic surgery. Small blood vessels in the head form and length of points: a folding angle of 105 mm and 125 mm in two straight. Small blood vessels, cut the head is fine. The straight head of 12 mm was a ladder-like narrow, the head-end and 0.3 mm wide, pointed but not sharp, usually shear the tiny blood vessels or lymphatic tissue. Fold angle of the angular head bent 25 degrees head-end and 1.2 mm wide, usually shear the larger blood vessels or other organizations.
- Wire cutters: for cut needle or bone screws.
- Plaster scissors: for orthopedic removal of plaster with.
(B): By Department:
Surgery: Surgical Scissors, the organization cut overall cut, fine cut and anatomical cut stitches cut, angled bandage scissors
Neurosurgery: meningeal / neural scissors, micro scissors.
Ophthalmology: Eye scissors, cut cornea, impaired shear membranous, trabecular shear microscopy iris scissors.
ENT: The arch of the stapes scissors, hammer bone cut, ear polyps shear, middle ear cut, micro cut ear, turbinate mediated scissors, nasal scissors
Dentistry: Golden Delicious scissors, gum scissors, scissors mechanic gypsum
Thoracic Surgery: heart scissors, cut the sternum, ribs cut
Abdominal Surgery: the right angle shear
Urinary Anorectal Surgery: prostate scissors, intestinal shear, vascular shear
Obstetrics and Gynecology: the umbilical cord cut, perineal cut
Plastic Surgery: vascular shear
Orthopedics: wire scissors, plaster shears
(C): By Material:
Stainless Steel: surgical scissors, overall cut, fine cut and anatomical cut stitches cut, angled bandage scissors, the meningeal / neural scissors, micro scissors, ophthalmic scissors, corneal cut, membranous , trabecular shear cataract scissors, microsurgery iris scissors, stapes arch scissors, hammer bone shears, ear polyps scissors, middle ear cut, micro cut ear, turbinate mediated scissors, nasal scissors, cut Golden Delicious, gum scissors, gypsum craftsmen cut, heart cut, cut the sternum, ribs, cut, cut at right angles to cut prostate, intestinal shear, vascular scissors, cut the umbilical cord, cut the perineum, the small blood vessels cut, cut wire, plaster scissors
Plating: surgical scissors.
Titanium Alloys: micro scissors.
Commonly used surgical instruments are included scalpel, surgical scissors, surgical tweezers, forceps, tissue forceps, towel forceps, ring clamp, intestinal forceps, retractors, probes, curette, the attractor head, suture, needle holder, surgical knife (scalpel, Surgical, blade) as one composition and effect: the 2nd part of the blade (the blade Knife) and holder (Knife handle) with a time to install the blade in the handle. Commonly used models for 20 to 24blades for…Read more...
Scalpel (1), the bow-type: is commonly used to wield the law for a long skin incision and the rectus anterior sheath incision (2), write: for dissecting blood vessels, nerves, peritoneal cut and a short incision (3) grasping type: used to force a larger incision. Such as amputations, tendon cut, a long skin incision (4), anti-pick type: used for the abscess to prevent damage to deep tissue. Surgical Scissor: According to…Read more...
The Forceps derived from Latin word Forca means trap or snare, forceps are being used everywhere in medical industry and utilizing for plucking, lifting and grasping, its also used for as tongs, tweezers, clips and clamps etc in outside of the medical industry but surgical forceps are more known in medical or surgical field. What are Surgical Forceps? These are instruments along with two pincers and handle for grasping. Functionally…Read more...
There are many different types of surgical instruments including scissors, forceps, tweezers, micro scissors, forceps, needle holders, hemostats, retractors, punches and bone cutters etc. Ear Punches and Tags Ear punches are available in 2 diameters – 1mm and 2 mm. Pre-numbered, sequential ear tags for small animal tracking. Stainless steel applicator available. Electrosurgery – Surgical Instruments Electrosurgery uses alternating current to achieve cutting and coagulation. The patient becomes part of…Read more...
Following are some key facts and figures concerning surgical sector of Pakistan: – The world market for Surgical Instruments is over US $ 30 (B). – Pakistan’s exports currently stands at US$225 Million (2009-10). – The total Capital Investment in the Surgical Industry is estimated at Pak Rs.20 Billion. – There are about 1000 to 1200 active small and medium Surgical Units with labor force ranging from (10-500). – The…Read more...
History – Surgical Instruments: The industry of surgical instruments or tools are developed in 1940s in the area of Sialkot, this sector produce a wide range of surgical, medical and veterinary instruments and exports around 85% to 90% of its total production, with the time being Pakistan has learned the new technology and driven with more advance techniques and manufacturing the highest/best quality of surgical equipments which exporting to over…Read more...
Surgical instruments are specially designed to help surgeons during surgery or operations. Many new instruments have been invented by different companies around the world. These instruments are being using for different purpose like neuro or dental surgery or veterinary operations etc. Below are the classifications of different Surgical Instruments: – Ultrasound tissue disruptors, cryotomes and cutting laser guides – Measurement devices, such as rulers and calipers – Retractors, used to…Read more...