Surgical instruments are specially designed to help surgeons during surgery or operations. Many new instruments have been invented by different companies around the world. These instruments are being using for different purpose like neuro or dental surgery or veterinary operations etc.
Below are the classifications of different Surgical Instruments:
- Ultrasound tissue disruptors, cryotomes and cutting laser guides
- Measurement devices, such as rulers and calipers
- Retractors, used to spread open skin, ribs and other tissue
- Irrigation and injection needles, tips and tubes, for introducing fluid
- Powered devices, such as drills, dermatomes
- Scopes and probes, including fiber optic endoscopes and tactile probes
- Mechanical cutters (scalpels, lancets, drill bits, rasps, trocars, Ligasure, etc.)
- Dilators and specula, for access to narrow passages or incisions
- Graspers, such as forceps
- Suction tips and tubes, for removal of bodily fluids
- Sealing devices, such as surgical staplers
- Carriers and appliers for optical, electronic and mechanical devices
These surgical tools provide the ease to the surgeons and help them to make a surgery successful and before designing these instruments there are so much thoughts get together to design them smartly which ultimately help the surgeons to utilize these tools with ease and successful.